BY ANUJ RADIA
After so many conjectures and reports about Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja’s wedding, the day finally arrived and, as one expected, the Dulha-Dulhan looked absolutely stunning!
For the wedding, Sonam Kapoor radiated a resplendent bridal glow. Adding heaps of charisma to it were the fine sensibilities of the Indian designer, Anuradha Vakil’s exquisite creations. Sonam opted for an opulent yet subtle ensemble in.
Meanwhile, the bridegroom, Anand Ahuja opted for an antique gold sherwani accessorised by beaded and pearl necklaces.
Sonam Kapoor and Anamika Khanna’s association goes a long way, right from her Cannes 2010 stint representing the cosmetic giant, L’Oreal. Sonam indulged in every bit of magnificent finery for her D-day! Here is a closer look at her bridal avatar.
Sonam wore an Anuradha Vakil red-pink bridal lehenga with gold lotus motifs and intricate embroidery in gold. Some amazing opulent jewellery featuring the traditional Punjabi red bangles.
Like the fairy-tale Mehndi and Sangeet events, several dignitaries from tinsel town graced their presence at the wedding, though the occasion itself was quite a private affair. Here are a few celebrities who were prominently papped at the Shaadi and what they wore!
Who attended the wedding & who wore what?
- Aamir Khan arrived with his wife Kiran Rao, accompanied by his son Junaid
- Jacqueline Fernandez, who looked gorgeous in a pink Anita Dongre.
- Veere Di Wedding and Prem Ratan Dhan Payo co-star, Swara Bhasker looked colourful in a blue Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, who co-stars with Sonam in upcoming film Veere Di Wedding, accompanied her husband Saif Ali Khan and son Taimur. Kareena’s sister Karisma, dressed in a Sabyasachi lehenga, did not bring her kids along.
- Movie magnet Karan Johar looked so dapper in a pink chikankari jacket by Manish Malhotra.
- The Bachchan siblings: Shweta and Abhishek looked regal in outfits designed by Jani-Sandeep Khosla.
- Sonam’s cousins Janhvi and Khushi Kapoor posed with their father Boney Kapoor. Janhvi wore for an embellished pink Lehenga with a pastel dupatta while Khushi picked a yellow mirror work outfit – both by Manish Malhotra.
- Ranveer Singh looked so classy in a simple white Kurta-style outfit.
According to various Instagram posts, the wedding was solemnised according to Sikh rituals, this afternoon and will conclude with a reception-party in the evening at a five-star hotel in Mumbai.
The wedding invites, instead of an ostentatious invitation card, was a beautifully designed e-card that said, “Your presence on our special day is the only gift we desire.” The dress code for today was Indian traditional and mentions no colour, unlike the Monday Mehendi ceremony.
Tonight, we expect guests to arrive in either Indian or Western Formal.
According to media sources, Kangana Ranaut, Madhuri Dixit, Alia Bhatt and Athiya Shetty will be gracing the reception.
Apart from that, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline Fernandez, Swara Bhasker, Rani Mukerji, Karan Johar will also be attending the event.
Last night, Sonam and Anand hosted a Mehendi ceremony at the banquet hall of their new apartment Sunteck, Signature Island.
Social Media was flooded with inside pictures and videos and we got our hands on one photo of the gorgeous couple where we noticed a tiny detail that swelled our hearts with love.
After the wedding festivities, Sonam is expected to focus on her Cannes appearance as she walks the red carpet at the prestigious film festival for the eighth time.
She will be seen at Cannes on May 14 and 15, representing make-up major Cannes. She also has to promote her film with Kareena Kapoor, Veere Di Wedding. Sonam and Anand have apparently postponed their honeymoon keeping her schedule in mind.
Here’s wishing the heartiest congratulations to Mr & Mrs Ahuja!
Images Courtesy of PinkVilla, NDTV and Instagram.