The celebrated IIFA Awards took over the city of New York with a dazzling awards show bringing together the biggest names of Bollywood in celebration of Indian Cinema. Giving Indian cinema a global platform, the Awards was held at the iconic MetLife Stadium at New York, USA.
This year the IIFA Awards stage saw Bollywood’s most dynamic duo- the talented stars Karan Johar and Saif Ali Khan – host India’s most awaited awards ceremony. The pair amazed the crowd present with their quick wit and zingers as leaving them in splits with their amusing one-liners and on-stage chemistry.
The IIFA Awards, the finale of the IIFA Weekend saw a host of stellar performances and acts. The show kicked off with Alia Bhatt performing on the Awards stage for the very first time since her debut in Bollywood five years ago. The night featured spellbinding performances by Bollywood superstars- Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Shahid Kapoor, Sushant Singh Rajput and Kriti Sanon, to name a few.
Bollywood’s Youth Icon, Varun Dhawan performed on the IIFA Awards stage with a stunning performance celebrating his father’s legacy in Bollywood. This year, IIFA presented the Woman of the Year Award to actress Taapsee Pannu and The Myntra Style Icon to Alia Bhatt. The award night included legendary actor Anil Kapoor and Sudhanshu Vats, Group CEO – Viacom18 honouring A.R. Rahman for his illustrious career and work as they celebrated his 25 years in the industry.
The NEXA IIFA Awards Powered by VIVO will broadcast on COLORS Sunday, July 16 with the Green Carpet at 6pm followed by the Awards at 7pm
Adding to the excitement of the Awards night, International Indian Film Academy Awards launched its brand new line of Official IIFA Merchandise partnered with New York based Easy Partners, a boutique licensing and merchandising company. The eye-catching IIFA Merchandise featuring a diverse range of T-Shirts, Caps, Key Rings, Hooded Sweatshirts, Tote Bags, Magnet, Ticket Holders stylized with IIFA’s logo and Mugs showcasing IIFA 2017 in New York were available at the famous MetLife Stadium during the show and also exclusively on the IIFA website on https://www.jsrdirect.com/webstores/iifa
The IIFA 2017 Awards Winners are:
- Best Picture- Neerja
- Best Story- Ayesha Devitre Dhillon, Shakun Batra (Kapoor & Sons)
- Best Performance in a comic role- Varun Dhawan (Dishoom)
- Best Direction- Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury (Pink)
- Best Actor in a leading role Female- Alia Bhatt (Udta Punjab)
- Best Actor in a leading role Male- Shahid Kapoor (Udta Punjab)
- Best Lyricist- Amitabh Bhattacharya (Channa Mereya)
- Best Music Director-Pritam (Ae Dil Hai Mushkil)
- Best Negative Role- Jim Sarbh (Neerja)
- Best Playback Singer Female- Kanika Kapoor (Udta Punjab- Da Da Dasse) and Tulsi Kumar (Airlift- Soch Na Sake)
- Best Playback singer Male- Amit Mishra(Ae Dil Hai Mushkil- Bulleya)
- Supporting Actor Female- Shabana Azmi (Neerja)
- Supporting Actor Male Anupam Kher (M.S. Dhoni)
- Myntra Style Icon Award-Alia Bhatt
- Woman of the Year- Taapsee Pannu
- Best Debut Male- Diljit Dosanjh (Udta Punjab)
- Best Debut Female- Disha Patani(M.S. Dhoni)